At A&D, we love exploring, experimenting and having fun when it comes to dreaming up our next culinary adventure. We like to think we are a kid a play, letting our imaginations and creativity run wild to help inspire us in the kitchen!
We had a great time indulging in our love for noodles at last week’s Rockin’ Ramen Night. For our second edition of the A&D Playground on Tuesday, 19th of March, we will be playing around with Burgers & Beer (BB Tuesdays!) and offering guests our take on some classic American Diner favorites.
To whet our appetites, we are sharing five fun (and not so known) facts about burgers. Read on for more!
1. Burgers became popular in the U.S. after their introduction at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair.
2. Burger is actually the shortened name of hamburger. The term, hamburger, was derived from Hamburg steaks introduced in the U.S. by German immigrants.
3. In America alone, 50 billion burgers are eaten in one single year!
4. Fast food giant McDonald's sells 75 or more burgers every second. It also holds the record of selling over 300 billion burgers to date.
5. Aptly called "Glamburger," this burger features bits of edible gold leaf, lobster and caviar. One of the most expensive burgers ever created, it also includes ingredients like black truffle, Kobe beef, venison and a duck egg. Created in 2014 by Honky Tonk restaurant in London, U.K., it will burn a hole in your pocket with its US $1,768 price tag!
We can’t wait to see you on the 19th! Make sure to reserve your table soon by emailing email@example.com.
We are also asking our guests for feedback on which theme is their fave so make sure to tell us if you think our B&B Tuesdays are the best!